Here are some tips to help you be safe when you’re out:
- The backcountry is dangerous. Understand that help is far away and your safety is ultimately up to you.
- There’s essential equipment you need and must know how to use before going into the backcountry.
- Learn how avalanches happen and how to avoid them. What you don’t know can kill you and others.
- Understand your local avalanche forecast to help guide your decision-making in the backcountry.
- Learn about avalanche terrain to maximize your riding while minimizing your exposure to danger.
- Avalanches are serious and require taking time to educate yourself. There’s always more to learn and this is ONLY A START!