CANCELLED: Trail Building Day with Teens 4 Tahoe
Tahoe City, CA
Posted By: Tahoe Fund
UNFORTUNATELY THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER.
Stay tuned for the next volunteer opportunity!
Join Teens 4 Tahoe and the Tahoe Rim Trail Association for a trail day!
Volunteering with Teens 4 Tahoe is a great way to get outside with your friends, and earn those community service hours you need for school!
What To Expect
Workdays generally run from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM and no experience is necessary. Our trained crew leaders will meet you and the rest of the day’s volunteers at the trailhead and teach you everything you need to know about safety, tools and trail maintenance and construction techniques. After hiking to the work site carrying tools and supplies you’ll work until lunch taking water and rest breaks as needed. Work varies widely depending on the project, but can include cutting back vegetation, restoring eroded trail, constructing trail features or digging sidehill. A few more hours of work after lunch and the crew will return to the trailhead and celebrate a job well done!
How to Register:
Click the “Sign-up” button.
Registration Deadline Thursday, Oct 21.
This workday is subject to change based on weather. We will meet at the Ward Creek Boulevard Trailhead south of Tahoe City. From Highway 89, turn west onto Ward Avenue, and turn left to stay on Ward Avenue at the first intersection. Continue for 1.9 miles as Ward Avenue becomes Ward Creek Boulevard. Look for the TRT kiosk on the left side of the road just past a dirt forest road. We will carpool and caravan past the FS gate as long as everyone is vaccinated and comfortable wearing masks in the vehicles.
Essential Health Precautions:
Please read the following section carefully as it requires action on your part in order to mitigate risks associated with COVID-19 and to participate in this workday.
- Please pre-screen yourself before arriving at the worksite. If you have a fever, cough, or other COVID-19 symptoms do not come. If you have been in recent contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 do not come. If you have recently traveled to a location with a known high level of community transmission do not come.
- Face masks covering the nose and mouth are required anytime social distance of 6 feet between crew members cannot be maintained unless you have been fully vaccinated. You are required to bring and use your own face mask.
- TRTA will not be providing food or drinks – please bring your own. If you need PPE such as a hardhat, work gloves, eye protection, and/or ear protection that PPE will be provided for you.
- Project Managers will record individual volunteer hours each day on workday sign in sheets.
- Additional measures will be discussed on-site by project leaders. Thank you for your cooperation and please call or email with any questions.
Please wear or bring the following:
- Face mask that covers the nose and mouth if you are not vaccinated or uncomfortable working without one
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants
- Substantial closed-toe shoes (hiking or work boots preferred)
- Snacks and lunch
- Work gloves and other PPE
- Water (at least 3 liters)
- Eye protection (sunglasses are OK)
NOTE: Volunteers who are not wearing a long-sleeved shirt, durable shoes/boots and long pants will not be able to participate.