Truckee River Day
Posted By: Truckee River Watershed Council
It all started in 1996. That first Truckee River Day was the rallying call for our commitment to wetter meadows, clearer streams, and healthier habitats for native species.
Since then thousands of you have shown up to do your part. So whether it’s your 1st or 25th Truckee River Day, we thank you for volunteering. Profusely. It’s people like you – along with countless partners, supporters, and funders – who make it all possible.
So let’s celebrate our 25th year by sharing our stories.
The year's different:
- Instead of just 1 day, we get 3 days
- instead of working at 1 site, we can visit 10
- instead of shovels and buckets, it’s cellphones with cameras
- instead of boots in the water, it’s boosts on social media
- instead of spreading seeds, we’ll spread the word
- instead of building willow fencing, we’ll build awareness for 25 years of restoration work by volunteers like you
Join our 10-site celebration. Where there’s so much to do, see and learn. Hiking. Birding. Deer-spotting. And – actually – just goofing around.
Click HERE to Learn More